All people communicate. A beautiful smile of a healthy person needs cooperation and, by this we mean achieving success. Necessary measures include prevention in time , treatment and extraction of teeth.
A visit to our dental clinic near Tulskaya subway station in the center of Moscow will allow you to avoid the pain while extracting the tooth without regretting the spendings and the missed opportunities.
When do we need to extract a tooth?
The list of doctors prescriptions for tooth extraction is as the following:
• jaws osteomyelitis (an emergency removal is a necessary procedure);
• A big surface of enamel is collapsed (dental caries);
• teeth with : periostitis, sinusitis, lymphadenitis, phlegmons , caused by odontogenic infection;
• incorrect position of a tooth that cannot be fixed in a sparing way (removal of wisdom teeth which can take the place of other teeth);
• fractured teeth following an injury that interfere normal food intake, injure the tongue and mucous membranes;
• periodontitis of the dental cavity of the second and advanced stages;
• in case of abnormal growth of the dental roots and their following displacement conparing to the initial position;
• during the preparation of the oral cavity for orthodontic manipulation: bite correction, teeth alignment .
Painless tooth extraction
Tooth extraction procedure consists of two steps : anesthetic injection and the extraction of a damaged part: crown, root, nerve. Removal of wisdom teeth is no different.
The doctor proceeds by following these steps:
• After examinating the patient , collecting his anamnesis and X-rays the surgeon confirms the need to extract the tooth.
• Depending on the severity of the disease and the patient's condition, a specialist chooses either general or local anesthesia, selects the appropriate medication.
• Before the injection of the anesthetic, the injection site is carefully swabbed by an anesthetic gel.
• Using a syringe the surgeon injects the anesthetic solution into the gum and then removes the tooth.
• Sometimes after the extraction the blood might flow from the socket. To stop the bleeding the dentist places a tampon on the wound.
Extraction of fractured teeth
The extraction of a fractured tooth is a more complicated procedure. To extract the root doctors use special forceps with angled blades to capture the top and bottom of the tooth. During examination in the empty socket you can see ligaments that used to hold the tooth in place.
The dentist gently pulls aside all the tissues surrounding the tooth except the tissues around the root part. The specialist operates using double ended forceps which grips the visible part of the tooth and a part of the root under the gum. After the dentist makes sure he griped what need to be griped, the damaged root is being removed.
How much will it cost to extract a damaged tooth?
The extraction techniques include simple and surgical ways . If oral cavity is treated carefully the extraction is usually painless. The tooth partially (or fully) protruding above the surface of the gum can be easily grabbed and pulled out.
The price of extraction depends of how much the tooth is damaged and the general condition of the patients' health . If the damaged tooth firmly sits in its socket, the dentist looses it with circular movements and then safely extracts it.
In severe cases, when you need to extract a curved tooth with cracks or chips, it's extracted in fragments.
When is it not recommended to extract a tooth?
The list of the situations when the extraction is prohibited includes:
• cardiovascular diseases in the acute stage: bacterial endocarditis, myocardial infarction, angina pectoris, hypertensive crisis, expressed violation of heart rate rhythm and tempo;
• acute stage of blood disorders: agranulocytosis, leukemia, hemolytic anemia, radiation sickness;
• implementation of prescribed radiation treatments (in case of detection of tumors in the jaw);
• purulent-inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity and adjacent organs: gingivitis, stomatitis, epiglottitis, erysipelas and cellulitis, tongue abscesses;
• acute respiratory infections: hepatitis A, SARS, influenza, sore throat, diphtheria;
• kidney disease in acute condition: nephrosis, chronic renal failure, diffuse glomerulonephritis, hemorrhagic diathesis;
• treatment of diseases requiring anticoagulant drugs prescribed by doctors;
• neurological diseases: cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, encephalitis, epilepsy, coma conditions due to traumatic brain injury;
• psychological disorders in the acute stage: neuroses, depression, traumatic brain injury.
For women there are additional prescriptions to not attend a dental clinic: the menstrual period, with a margin of two days before and after the cycle. Tooth extraction cannot be performed during pregnancy: in the early stages (up to the third month )and in the prenatal period (more than 7 months).
What happens after the extraction?
After a successful operation the pain disappears within a few hours. The main thing is to respect the recommendations given by the doctor. If the procedure is successful the dentist allows eating and drinking after 2-3 hours.
Complicated tooth extraction requires more time. This refers to the displacement, alveolitis, jaw injury. The treatment is: antibiotics, special diet, medications to restore the immunity.
Visit our dental clinic for dental extraction and treatment. Our clinic employs only experienced doctors working on advanced equipments!